Why Do You Stay? Why Don't You Move? After The Flood Of 2005, We hear This All The Time From Friends and Family. You May Find The Answer Here.
I hope you enjoy this Blog and all of the post below. Please disregard any errors in grammer, and give thanks to the greatest creation ever, Spell Check.

Sunday, December 20, 2009

Pretty Face


Storm Albert dropped about 12" of snow overnight and my personal thoughts are, if they say 2 feet of snow then give us 2 feet. If we have to put up with the snow then let it snow in feet, not inches.
This was the first real ground covering snow for the chickens and guineas and it spooked them. They did not want to come out of the coop today. I left the door open while I worked to clear paths for them and when I turned around a fox was about to enter the coop and help himself. This was not a healthy looking fox so I sent the boy up onto the porch, and then I chased him off. He almost got into the coop and a few of the guineas took to the trees and spent most of the day up high, not because of the fox but because the snow on the ground.
The fox was not a healthy looking animal. Rabies would not surprise me. I was hollering at him and he did not notice me until I was 5' away.
If it returns I think I will need to eliminate him.

I think this is such a beautiful face on this bird, and they tuck their entire head into their feathers to keep warm. I witnessed this for the first time today and my first thought was, "Oh Great.. Headless Guineas".

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Is this the same fox you saw earlier?? I did not know the birds feathers turned white!! Very interesting! 12" is a lot of snow! Love, Mom