Why Do You Stay? Why Don't You Move? After The Flood Of 2005, We hear This All The Time From Friends and Family. You May Find The Answer Here.
I hope you enjoy this Blog and all of the post below. Please disregard any errors in grammer, and give thanks to the greatest creation ever, Spell Check.

Thursday, January 28, 2010

51 going on ?



I remember a few years back, Jeanne called one afternoon to wish me a happy birthday. Up until that point in the day, I had forgotten it was my birthday. After my Mother had passed away, my birthday wasn't all that important. I think birthdays should be spent celebrating your Mother. I do miss spending time with her on that day.

When I turned 50, Jeanne asked, what I wanted for my birthday? Being practical, I said 50 lbs of black oil sunflower seeds. I was thrilled with that, and Jeanne topped it with 100 lbs for Christmas. I must say, I also get one of Jeanne's homemade lasagnas.

Today I turned 51, and I threw all practicality out the window. When asked, I said I want a Plant Cam. Not only did I say I want one, but like a six year old, I said, I really need one. Life will be incomplete if I don't get one. Jeanne took the hint, and gave me the card and said go order it.
Now I sit by the window watching for the UPS truck. I check the tracking number online every hour to track its current location. Even though it is not scheduled to arrive until Monday.

If this Camera lives up to the manufacturers claims,
The "Time lapse PlantCam is a weatherproof digital camera that takes photos or videos at set time intervals. The camera can automatically stitch together still photos to create a movie of your plants growing in fast forward. It's also fun for creating time lapse movies of parties, construction, weather and more"!

This is going to be so much fun. Just think, I was born during a the time of Black and White TV, no remote controls, and Leave It To Beaver. Now I can film a banana turning brown with my own Time Lapse camera.

I ask, Does it get any better than that?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy 51st to you! I'm just around the corner, 50 on the 31st!
Enjoy your new Plant Cam! Jeanne got off relatively cheap with your gift. When my husband asked what I wanted, my response was "1 CT diamond stud earrings" I told him you only turn 50 once so I might as well go BIG! It's yet to be seen if that's what I get!

PS- Got a comment in before Jeanne's mom did!

Anonymous said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, BIG STEVE!!!!
WE LOVE YOU!! Isn't it nice to get something you really wanted and needed?? She is so good at that!! I blew it, I didn't check
early enough or I could have been first:) Love Fred and Mom

Anonymous said...

Diamond earrings??? I think he should invest in chickens not diamonds. Or how about one of those portable composters?

Anonymous said...

I truly believe that we have reached the point where technology has become one with our society, and I can say with 99% certainty that we have passed the point of no return in our relationship with technology.


I don't mean this in a bad way, of course! Societal concerns aside... I just hope that as the price of memory falls, the possibility of copying our brains onto a digital medium becomes a true reality. It's a fantasy that I dream about almost every day.


(Posted on Nintendo DS running [url=http://quizilla.teennick.com/stories/16129580/does-the-r4-or-r4i-work-with-the-new-ds]R4[/url] DS KwZa)