Why Do You Stay? Why Don't You Move? After The Flood Of 2005, We hear This All The Time From Friends and Family. You May Find The Answer Here.
I hope you enjoy this Blog and all of the post below. Please disregard any errors in grammer, and give thanks to the greatest creation ever, Spell Check.

Sunday, April 11, 2010

A Different Type Of Nest


Today we set out our experimental snake traps/nest. The word trap may not apply because the snake can come and go.
We buried a plastic nursery pot in the ground with the holes just above the surface. We filled the inside with leaves, grass, soil, and small sticks.

The idea is, the snake will enter when searching out a nest site. Some snakes lay eggs and others give live birth. In both cases they look for the same type of environment our nest sites provide. Then we check them from time to time in early Summer.

We set out 6 so far, and Jeanne can hardly wait to help us check them.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love the picture, I can't believe how big Jordan is getting.
She is so beautiful!! Tommy too, so handsome. I can't quite picture Miss Jeanne checking out snake nests. She sure does not take after me... I am afraid of snakes.. I would probably die of or faint or something!! Love, Mom