Why Do You Stay? Why Don't You Move? After The Flood Of 2005, We hear This All The Time From Friends and Family. You May Find The Answer Here.
I hope you enjoy this Blog and all of the post below. Please disregard any errors in grammer, and give thanks to the greatest creation ever, Spell Check.

Friday, July 9, 2010

Mistaken Identity

In the early morning hours I sit on the back porch and through the slight fog on the river, I catch a glimpse of a very large winged creature flying below tree line following the coarse of the river. The prehistoric sound of this creature tells me we may have a Terradactyl visiting. Because I have become a expert on the sounds and calls of all the local avian species, I knew for sure this was the call of the elusive Terradactyl. But who would believe me? I kept my thoughts and suspicions to myself, until I had irrefutable evidence supporting my historical breathtaking claim.

I guess I will try to think of something else that I can claim as my expertise.

The Blue Heron is always an awesome sight here. Rumor has it that down river and close by, there may be a heron rookery. I must find it someday.

As for the fresh set of tracks I found down by the river, I still think they may be of the Sabre Tooth Tiger.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is Fred's favorite bird. We will drive to the Promised Land State Park just so he can hope to view them. It is so amazing that you can sit on your porch in the fog and enjoy their beauty. Love to all, Mom