Why Do You Stay? Why Don't You Move? After The Flood Of 2005, We hear This All The Time From Friends and Family. You May Find The Answer Here.
I hope you enjoy this Blog and all of the post below. Please disregard any errors in grammer, and give thanks to the greatest creation ever, Spell Check.

Monday, July 19, 2010

Ride em Cowboy

Tommy spent a couple of days with his Uncle Will, and now he has a fixation about riding cows.I am not sure what Willie said to the boy, But he came home with a plan for me to buy a new truck and trailer to haul the cows. His plan includes he and I to riding cows around the place.

Early Sunday morning he and I went on a mission up to Uconn to view the cattle. I was hoping the smell would persuade him that cows are not for us. It didn't work, he now wants cows, horses and a job at Uconn.

I decided maybe I should not tell him about the time, 37 years or more ago, a 14 year boy woke up one day, and as he headed out for the day he told his folks he was going out with a couple of friends to ride cows. His mom told him don't get your feet wet and to be home by supper.
It was a different time back when kids could run free, and when parents biggest concern was getting your feet wet.

I'm not going to tell him how those 3 boys hiked about 5 miles across town to a pasture filled with cattle. Or how they climbed on the backs of the cows and rode them around the pasture.

I will not say a thing about the farmer catching them and hauling the 3 desperadoes off to the police station, and explaining to the police how he caught them riding his bulls.

I definitely will not say a word about the Police officer who drove them home, laughing as he rolled down his windows because they smelled like cows.

I won't tell him the look on his parents face as the police officer explained what happened, all the time trying not to laugh.

And I won't tell him how he evaded any punishment because he reminded his parents that, he told them he was going to ride cows, and he didn't get his feet wet.

So if the boy really wants a cow, I say sure, we can keep it at Uncle Willie's house!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love it!!! Could be another children's book. Love, Mom