Why Do You Stay? Why Don't You Move? After The Flood Of 2005, We hear This All The Time From Friends and Family. You May Find The Answer Here.
I hope you enjoy this Blog and all of the post below. Please disregard any errors in grammer, and give thanks to the greatest creation ever, Spell Check.

Monday, October 4, 2010

Hope For This Week

I do not know what we were thinking, or more to the point, What was Jeanne thinking?
Yesterday Jeanne asked me to go up the ladder into the house and bring down Piglet, our young kitten. Being someone who does what the boss tells me to do I retrieved Piglet and brought her out to the camper. This was soon followed by a request to bring down Callie, and later I carried down Zoe. Now we have 2 adults, 2 kids, 3 cats, and 100lbs of Labrador Retriever living in this box. Again I ask, WHAT WERE YOU THINKING?

I was told the cats will go back up into the house tonight, but I doubt it.

We are hoping that the week ahead will be a productive one. Last week with Storm Nicole and Gall Stones, not much happened. Not much can happen until the house is lowered back down onto the new foundation. Wolfe House and Building Movers will be here this week and as soon as I know what time I will do a special post. The Wolfe team is fast and efficient so if you want to watch the house being lowered, don't be late. After the house is lowered, the basement will be filled, compacted and a new floor will be poured.

We have decided on a plan to rebuild the section of house that we demolished. We are going to have a old fashion barn raising. When we have a date to lower the house we will set a date for the Barn raising. We hope to get enough done in 2 days to allow the work to begin reinstalling the utilities into the house.

Last week we received a large payment for work that has been done so far. Today I will have the pleasure of mailing out checks to our great team of talented contractors. The Town Of Mansfield has done a outstanding job processing the invoices. I believe the turn around time, from when I receive a invoice and then the Town of Mansfield cuts a check has been phenomenal.

I will put my foot down when Jeanne and the kids try to bring the Goats into the camper.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Poor Steve! You are the best, though I agree it is a small space for so many pets... and I agree no goats!! I will pray for better weather for this week! Good luck. We love you all. Mom and Fred

Anonymous said...

I forgot to ask, Who had the gall stones?? Are you ok?? Love, Mom