Why Do You Stay? Why Don't You Move? After The Flood Of 2005, We hear This All The Time From Friends and Family. You May Find The Answer Here.
I hope you enjoy this Blog and all of the post below. Please disregard any errors in grammer, and give thanks to the greatest creation ever, Spell Check.

Tuesday, November 9, 2010

12 Steps Closer

Bob Villa said;"Building nice staircases takes patience and skill. But it's worth the effort".

I don't think he was referring to basic cellar stairs, but I am proud of these anyway. Building stairs takes an incredible amount of time and thought. Approximately 110 cuts went into this creation, and I think of that because, there was a time when all the cuts were done by hand saw.

We now have access back into the house without the need to climb a ladder. I do have a couple of parts of this staircase project, such as railings to finish. With one staircase almost complete, I now only have four more to go.

I had a good meeting with Fran from the Fire Marshall's office, and Mike the Building official. Mike came along to answer any questions I might have.
Here is what I came away with:
Once the roof is shingled, the heating, plumbing and electric can be restored to the old part of he house. We would then only need to finish the front staircase into the house, and install smoke and Carbon Monoxide detectors to bring that portion of the house up to code. We can then finish the addition while sleeping in our own beds, showering in a real shower. Maybe a few minor other things, but that light at the end of the tunnel is getting brighter.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Looking wonderful!!How close is the end of the tunnel? Jeanne's deadline before Thanksgiving? I pray so.. Your workshop is going to be super. The stairs are beautiful! Good luck this week with the weather. Love to all, Mom