Why Do You Stay? Why Don't You Move? After The Flood Of 2005, We hear This All The Time From Friends and Family. You May Find The Answer Here.
I hope you enjoy this Blog and all of the post below. Please disregard any errors in grammer, and give thanks to the greatest creation ever, Spell Check.

Saturday, February 26, 2011

Perfect Morning

I do not need to remind myself why I love this piece of paradise we call home. But if I did need a reminder, all I would need to do, is take a morning like I experienced today.

Early this morning I ventured up to the upper level of our addition,(from this point on it will be known as, "The Loft"). While looking down on the river I had the opportunity to watch a Pileated Woodpecker, a flock of Mallards, a small group of Hooded Mergansers, a pair of Common Mergansers, and while I watched all these spectacular animals, a Bald Eagle swooped down and made a unsuccessful attempt at fresh duck for breakfast.

This was all in a 20 minute time span. Unfortunately I had just turned off the camera when the Eagle made his appearance, but I did catch a shot of the Mergansers and Woodpecker.


The Common Merganser. I do not understand why anyone would name this bird Common.


The Hooded Merganser. This is one of my favorites.


The awesome Pileated Woodpecker


I love every inch on this homestead.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love your piece of paradise. I have learned so much about nature just reading the blog!! Keep up the good work. Love you all, Mom and Fred