Why Do You Stay? Why Don't You Move? After The Flood Of 2005, We hear This All The Time From Friends and Family. You May Find The Answer Here.
I hope you enjoy this Blog and all of the post below. Please disregard any errors in grammer, and give thanks to the greatest creation ever, Spell Check.

Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Another Chapter Closed


Tuesday we passed our final inspection and we now have our Certificate of Occupancy. This does not mean we are finished with the project, it means we now can legally occupy the addition. We still have a lot of finish work to accomplish, and a couple of weeks worth of clean up thanks to the flood we experienced earlier this month.

This does mean we do not have any deadlines for the first time in seven months. Nothing needs to be finished today, tomorrow, next week, or next month. No contractors will be coming and going, no contractors will be waiting for me to finish something so they can finish something.

I explained to Jeanne the feeling of relief I was feeling, like I had run a marathon or climbed a mountain and finally reached the top of the mountain or crossed the finish line. I explained how giddy I felt inside knowing that I have no deadlines to meet.

She reminded me to get the trash out to the curb by 6am, Jordan to violin by 8am, the kids to school by 9am, register the boy for T-ball before the deadline, take the dog to the vet, pickup crickets for the lizards, pickup the kids by 3:30, and what was I making for supper?

So much for my nap!!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

you forgot about getting the laundry washed , dryed , and put away .
Love Ya

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!!!! Take the nap, set the alarm so you don't forget to do the rest!! You deserve a medal for yours and the families' hard work!!! It does feel like a mountain climbed doesn't it? Wish we could be there to help. Love, Mom and Fred

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Steve. Well done.

Babycakes said...

As Charlie Sheen would say (and I am not being wise,I really do feel bad for the guy)

WINNING!!!