Why Do You Stay? Why Don't You Move? After The Flood Of 2005, We hear This All The Time From Friends and Family. You May Find The Answer Here.
I hope you enjoy this Blog and all of the post below. Please disregard any errors in grammer, and give thanks to the greatest creation ever, Spell Check.

Monday, March 7, 2011

A Little Inconvenience

I really thought, just because we put all the brutal hard work into our renovation, it would never flood down here again.

Wrong Again!!

Mother Nature decided the snow and extreme cold this winter was not enough. She has decided to test us with a substantial March flood.

The good news is, we are sitting high and dry with no worries that we will loose everything again to flood waters.

The bad news is, because the road is under 2 feet of water none of the contractors were able to get here today. I guess they never heard of a boat.

The worst part of this was I still had a considerable amount of property stored in the back yard and we were unable to move the camper, but the way I figure it, if I can renovate a home, I should be able to fix the camper.

Below are some shots of todays flood waters.


Above is a shot of the river taken about a week ago.
Below is the same view early today.



Above a week ago.
Below today.


No this is not a calm river lined with pines. This is Steve my new neighbor paddling down his driveway. This is his first flood since he bought the property.



Something tells me we won't be receiving mail today.


Standing in our driveway looking down the street.


This is where I park my car. Approximately 30 minutes after I took this picture I looked out and the canoe was gone.
The water came up high enough to float it away in a short period of time.

I did recover it.


We are hoping that the river peaks soon and starts receding or we will start to experience a new level of inconvenience.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

We feel so bad for you!!! We thought too that all your trials would at least be at bay, but the refiner's fire keeps on stoking...
Hope you can salvage the camper and stuff!! Love to all, Mom and Fred.

Anonymous said...

when the rain started you were the first one that came to my mind..I knew it!!!!! Book me for the month of August, you should be done renovating by then.. I mean the camper

Love ya, Babycakes