Why Do You Stay? Why Don't You Move? After The Flood Of 2005, We hear This All The Time From Friends and Family. You May Find The Answer Here.
I hope you enjoy this Blog and all of the post below. Please disregard any errors in grammer, and give thanks to the greatest creation ever, Spell Check.

Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Gotta Have One!


Not sure why I wanted one, maybe it is my love of the sea and all things nautical, or maybe I was in a folk artsy mood, or it could be my New Bedford family roots.
But the way I see it, if I want a whale for our front porch, I will have a whale for our front porch.

Yesterday while working on interior trim, and pushing myself in some extremely uncomfortable heat and humidity to finish the new playroom for the kids, I could not stop thinking how nice a whale would look on our porch.

I took a quick look online and immediately knew that there is no way I was going to spend $150 on a whale for our porch, not if I want to continue sleeping in the house.
Because I could not get this whale thing out of my head, I took a break from doing interior trim work and found my self a board and carved out my whale, so now I can officially say I have a whale on our front porch.

Now its back to trim work and painting, and I will do my best to ignore the vision I have of a six foot long wooden dragonfly with a Partridge Family bus color theme.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We love the whale!! I keep thinking about going to the beach and then you post your beautiful whale... Be careful in the heat, make sure you stay hydrated!!! Tell Jordan WE did a mile this morning and I did one on Saturday.. When it cools down later, may try for another!! We are motivated!!!! ;) Love, Mom and Fred