Why Do You Stay? Why Don't You Move? After The Flood Of 2005, We hear This All The Time From Friends and Family. You May Find The Answer Here.
I hope you enjoy this Blog and all of the post below. Please disregard any errors in grammer, and give thanks to the greatest creation ever, Spell Check.

Saturday, December 31, 2011

Eleanor's Christmas

If your ratty gets all scatty 'cos his coat is getting matty
And he's acting kinda batty now he doesn't look so natty
If he starts to get all chatty and to voice pratty demands
Then beware! You've got a bratty tatty ratty on your hands.
Dr Suess

I first must add my disclaimer. .

I did not buy Eleanor.I did not sneak Eleanor into the house like I did with Norman the pig and several dozen other critters.

Yes maybe I gave Jordan a gift card to a local pet store, and yes maybe I said something about rats are much more intelligent compared to a Hamster."

And my finale piece of evidence, Jeanne was with us at the pet store when Jordan picked out Eleanor.

So if it pleases the court' "I did not bring home a pet rat."

I think this was a great choice that Jordan made, and if she works with Eleanor and trains her, she will learn something very special. She also might get a head start on a psychology project for College.

I posted a video below from Wofford College.
Psychology students spent a semester training their rats to play Basketball

Tommy went a different direction when he received a fish tank and gift card from Santa. He doesn't appreciate the intelligence and loyalty of a pet rat. He will let Jordan put Eleanor on his shoulder, but as soon as Eleanor moves, he will, with a very concerned for his own safety tone in his voice say, "OK GET IT OFF ME NOW" so he chose some gold fish and accessories for his tank.


I personally lobbied for a Corn Snake for Christmas. I should say I begged for a pet snake, and when that wasn't working I resorted to the fine art of sympathy with a dash of quilt.

This is how it works. With a big smile on my face, I would enthusiastically say to Tommy and Jordan,
"I know you guys got me a snake for Christmas, but you must have hid it very well, I hope it is warm enough wherever you hid him, I can hardly wait to see him on Christmas morning. what should we name him?"

I thought I out smarted them both and that the quilt would encourage them to bug Jeanne enough and I would get my new snake.

Never try to outsmart a fifth grader.

Jordan took some socks and made me a snake for Christmas.


Keeping with our Christmas morning tradition, before we could open presents, we ventured out to the river and emptied a fifty pound bag of corn for our friends.





Ventured stayed for the Annual Christmas Morning Feast, but left later in the day. We are thrilled when he visits and look forward to his return.

Happy Holidays To All

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happy New Year!! Love Eleanor and seeing Venture and the others at feeding time. The veidoe was awesome. Love, Mom and Fred