Why Do You Stay? Why Don't You Move? After The Flood Of 2005, We hear This All The Time From Friends and Family. You May Find The Answer Here.
I hope you enjoy this Blog and all of the post below. Please disregard any errors in grammer, and give thanks to the greatest creation ever, Spell Check.

Sunday, April 8, 2012

The Empty Tomb Of Jesus


I am not sure why, but I never gave any serious thought to the coloring of Easter eggs at Easter time. Jeanne and the kids have a tradition of dipping about 3-dozen eggs in different color food dyes. I have a tradition of eating a whole lot of egg salad sandwiches.

I think I went to Sunday School when I was a kid, but I did not know the symbolic meaning behind the Easter egg.

Easter eggs are said to symbolize the empty tomb of Jesus, or the sealed tomb of Christ, and like the bird that hatches from the egg, Jesus was resurrected from the stone tomb.

Early Christians painted eggs red to represent the blood of Christ.

A local egg artist, "Bailey" asked us if we might have any extra goose eggs this year, and with no plans of hatching any geese this year, I was extremely happy to pass on any and all goose eggs that I might find around here.

Momma goose picked a convenient spot under our front porch to deposit her eggs this year, and because I collected them almost as soon as she dropped them, our local herd of destructive raccoons had no opportunity to dine on fresh goose egg omelets.

Compared to a large chicken egg, the goose egg offers a decent size canvas for the Artist.

The picture below is from Bailey and her Artist friends, and I am thrilled they could take some unwanted goose eggs, and turn them into a beautiful center piece for their Easter Table.


From Easter Eggs, Easter Decorations, Easter Baskets filled with goodies, Easter Egg Hunts, Easter Rabbit Cakes, Easter Ham, and leaving carrots for the Easter Bunny, Jeanne and the kids fill the house with traditions. And when I ask why are we doing this or that?, the kids are quick to respond, "It's Tradition".


Hope you all had a great Easter...We Did.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Here's hoping Spring will be here soon! So cold here this am. The
Easter Bunny was good to you! I personally am glad that the tomb is empty! I know that Jesus Christ was resurrected for all mankind. We love you guys so much!
Mom and Fred