Why Do You Stay? Why Don't You Move? After The Flood Of 2005, We hear This All The Time From Friends and Family. You May Find The Answer Here.
I hope you enjoy this Blog and all of the post below. Please disregard any errors in grammer, and give thanks to the greatest creation ever, Spell Check.

Sunday, February 24, 2013

I Want, I need Spring

A record setting blizzard, bone chilling cold, and 1 to many days of grey skys.
I NEED SPRING!!!

Saturday the temperatures hit a balmy 40 degrees and the outlook for the week ahead is more temps in the forty's.It truly feels like a heat wave.
I NEED SPRING!!!

Yesterday I took my chair to the river and sat, listened and watched. In a very short amount of time I watched a Coopers Hawk land in a nearby tree and scope the area looking for lunch. I watched a couple of Ring Neck Ducks floating close to the resident flock of Mallards that spend the winter here. This was my first time watching Ring Necked Ducks and I must say they lifted my spirits.

I watched a Mink while he patrolled the river bank and chuckled when he accidentally bumped into a Muskrat. I watched Robins, and was mesmerised by the magnified beauty of a small flock of Bluebirds.

I really need Spring and eagerly await the sound of spring peepers filling the air with their love songs on a warm spring night, but until then I will just take my chair down to the river and watch, and if no other creatures happen to pass by, I am sure Swamp the Swan will stop to say, "hey"..



Behold, my friends, the spring is come; the earth has gladly received the embraces of the sun, and we shall soon see the results of their love!

Sitting Bull

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

modstedI need spring too, I'm not lucky enough to have the river bank so close, I loved hearing of your sightings though. Missed seeing you when we were up. Love you all, Mom