Why Do You Stay? Why Don't You Move? After The Flood Of 2005, We hear This All The Time From Friends and Family. You May Find The Answer Here.
I hope you enjoy this Blog and all of the post below. Please disregard any errors in grammer, and give thanks to the greatest creation ever, Spell Check.

Monday, September 14, 2009

Guineas Came Home

I thought we would loose 10 out of the 16 Guineas we have here
on the homestead. This afternoon I heard a commotion at the river, when I went to investigate I spotted my flock of 10 younger Guineas up in a tree on the opposite side of the river.
Guineas have a habit of at the blink of a eye just up and walking away. Last year I had 2 different flocks at 2 different times go for a walk and never returned. I have also at times had Guineas stop by for a day or 2 and then move on without a goodbye. They are known for this trait.

I am very happy to say my ten adventurers returned in time for supper. and now at 6 pm they are heading up to the top of our Chestnut tree to roost for the night. This is a problem when they decide the hen house is no longer good enough and they take to roosting in the tree tops. Up there they make a easy and excellent midnight snack for Owls and Raccoons. I do keep a spotlight on the tree to deter the predators from a free meal.
They are quite humorous to watch and provide us with entertainment as they dart around the homestead. I am glad they came home!

No comments: