Why Do You Stay? Why Don't You Move? After The Flood Of 2005, We hear This All The Time From Friends and Family. You May Find The Answer Here.
I hope you enjoy this Blog and all of the post below. Please disregard any errors in grammer, and give thanks to the greatest creation ever, Spell Check.

Wednesday, October 14, 2009

"No Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown"

I first must be big enough to concede the Great Pumpkin Contest to Willie and Peg again this year. I have not seen their prize pumpkin yet, but I trust they bought...I meant to say "grew one".
The picture shows this year's harvest. A disappointing year.
Now for my excuses..
First: I left my specially imported Giant Pumpkin seeds from Canada on the back porch and a Squirrel ate them.
Second: After I found some replacement seeds locally, I planted late because of the cold wet spring.
Third: The Deer ate most of my plants and I had to replant and then I put up a fence so that the Deer could jump it and eat the plants again.
Forth: The town of Mansfield has a zoning regulation that is quoted below.

Statue 14.386.1. No landowners with less than 236.7 acres of land will be allowed to grow any Pumpkins or Gourds in excess of 5lbs,6oz. Anyone in violation of this statue could face up to 18 years in Jail and a $786.423.11 fine for every pound over 5.6. Second violations could result in deportation to the Arctic region.

I think Will and Peg turned me in and the Pumpkin Police came a calling. I had to destroy fourteen 400 pound beauties.
I am sorry but I could not do the Jail time. Next year I will covertly raise my pumpkins up to world record size and sneak them out of town and regain the respect of my family.

And to Ken and Dale...........Wimps




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Too bad about the pumpkins,,, try
again next year and I know you will win!! A friend from church grew one from 10 year old seeds that weighs about 60+ lbs. She is
going to save the seeds. I will ask if I can have a few. Good luck ............the munchkins look cute with the harvest. Love ya, Mom