Why Do You Stay? Why Don't You Move? After The Flood Of 2005, We hear This All The Time From Friends and Family. You May Find The Answer Here.
I hope you enjoy this Blog and all of the post below. Please disregard any errors in grammer, and give thanks to the greatest creation ever, Spell Check.

Saturday, October 3, 2009

Wayward Travelers


I have to tell the story about two young guys canoeing up the river. "Yes I said UP".
Last Summer I was sitting on the back porch when I heard quite a commotion coming from the river.

I walked over and observed 2 young men working extremely hard paddling a rented canoe upriver.
I asked them, "where are you headed"? At this time I noticed they had a large trash barrel strapped down in the center of the canoe.
They stopped reached into the barrel pulled out a beer and answered my question. "WE are heading to Mystic" my reply was "no your not" I believe they referred to me as Dude 47 times. They explained they were on leave from the Sub Base and they rented the canoe. They had been paddling hard for at least 2 hours after launching about 3 miles down river. They seemed bewildered when I explained they were paddling in the wrong direction and really should paddle down river for about 3 days covering 3 different rivers, the Willimantic, the Shetucket, and the Thames, then turn left when they reach Long Island Sound to reach Mystic. I did explain that when they reach Willimantic they need to take the canoe out and carry it around the waterfalls. They did not appear concerned, so I told them they would lose all the beer if they went over the falls. I think that hit home. They thanked this Dude, shook my hand and headed down river.


I wonder if they drive Submarines?

No comments: