Why Do You Stay? Why Don't You Move? After The Flood Of 2005, We hear This All The Time From Friends and Family. You May Find The Answer Here.
I hope you enjoy this Blog and all of the post below. Please disregard any errors in grammer, and give thanks to the greatest creation ever, Spell Check.

Friday, October 2, 2009

Tree Of Life

Thuja occidentalis - Arborvitae - (Latin for Tree Of Life) also known as Northern White Cedar, although they are not a true Cedar.

The Rustic Grey shingles on many of those charming shoreline houses are from The Northern White Cedar.

I am very excited about my seed collector I built. It is framed with simple 2x4 lumber with a old window screen attached to the bottom and a screen top. This allows for air flow. I found a large hedge of Arborvitae in Lisbon, jam packed with cones about to burst open with their seeds. The seeds are small, but my collector worked perfectly! I now have thousands of seeds to experiment with.

No comments: