Why Do You Stay? Why Don't You Move? After The Flood Of 2005, We hear This All The Time From Friends and Family. You May Find The Answer Here.
I hope you enjoy this Blog and all of the post below. Please disregard any errors in grammer, and give thanks to the greatest creation ever, Spell Check.

Monday, November 2, 2009

Changes Happen.



Well after more than 6 years in my job, a job that I worked my way up to a District Manager for a company that provided Home Depot with 130,000 hrs per month of Merchandising services in the Northeast. I now like many others find myself unemployed. We lost our contracts, and few hundred people lost their jobs. I think the hardest part is the loss of my team. I was blessed with a great team of people that I worked with and I will miss them alot.. I also lose the daily interaction I had with some fellow DMs who will also be deeply missed. I know you always say we will stay in touch and I hope that with all the social networking on the Internet, we might. I do know I will try..

Maybe every so often a nice bonfire down by the river with these Friends will happen.

So what is in store for me... Chores, Chores and more Chores. I plan on getting so much done around here, I am really quite excited to have the time. I also have the pleasure of waking the kids up in the morning, and they really do not like my imitation of a crowing rooster. I feed them breakfast ( do you believe they don't like Tuna for breakfast? ) I drive them to school and pick them up after school. Then we do more chores until Jeanne gets home. I have plenty of time during the day to work my resume and search for a meaningful job. I really don't want to do it but if I have to, I might become a Chippendale Dancer.

And yes I will find time to fit in a nap.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm sure you will do great things with the time off and I know the kids will learn lots of new chores along with the regular ones. It is probably a blessing in disguise, you can never tell. Love, Mom

Anonymous said...

I am a little sad for you as I know all about the closeness we all had, but think you are all free now. the hired help is really great, maybe 2 reases pieces...