Why Do You Stay? Why Don't You Move? After The Flood Of 2005, We hear This All The Time From Friends and Family. You May Find The Answer Here.
I hope you enjoy this Blog and all of the post below. Please disregard any errors in grammer, and give thanks to the greatest creation ever, Spell Check.

Saturday, November 21, 2009

Gingers Final Resting place


Friday evening we had a belated funeral for Jeanne's beloved Ginger. She died back in 1996 and Jeanne had her cremated. Not wanting to leave her friend of 11 years behind. She held onto the ashes until she knew she was permanently settled. We buried her out next to Jordan's kittens,Charlie and Cracker. And Ears the Rabbit.

Explaining this process to the boy has been interesting to say the least. How do you explain cremation. As far as he was concerned we buried Ginger's leash and collar in a pretty box. He started to ask me questions today while we worked outside. Why did we bury the box with the leash and collar? I tried to explain that sometimes when a dog dies people bury their collars and leashes so they have them in heaven. After I gave that answer I thought, what dog would want a leash and collar in heaven? He then asked if the people from heaven came and got them yet?
Then he asked if I cut down a tree with my chainsaw and it landed on him, would I bury him in the field? This shook me up a bit and I hugged him and assured him that I would never do something like that. He continued on with this type of question and I explained that when we bury something that died, it never comes back. I think this got to him and he asked me not to bury him in the field and I promised him I would not.

I did not dare tell him that Jeanne plans to roll me into the river when I go.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You are the greatest, it is hard to explain death and heaven even to adults. But believe me when I say that I know there is much more to this life and beyond. You are a good mentor to the 'boy'. Love you all, Mom