Why Do You Stay? Why Don't You Move? After The Flood Of 2005, We hear This All The Time From Friends and Family. You May Find The Answer Here.
I hope you enjoy this Blog and all of the post below. Please disregard any errors in grammer, and give thanks to the greatest creation ever, Spell Check.

Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Kopper Pond


When I bought this place back in 2002 I was told about a small pond on the edge of the field. It took about 3 years before I found it.
For the first few years, the thick overgrowth and steep banks kept it well hidden. I knew approximately where it was and I would throw a rock into the brush and wait for a splash. It was Last year, after a lot of work I finally exposed this little gem. I have cleared most of the brush and I continue to dig by hand the high steep banks down to a gentile slope. When Kopper is out in the field he can always be found in his pond. Last Winter the kids had a great time playing on the ice. It does dry up during dry spells but a little bit of rain brings it back to life and 6' deep.

It is one of our little treasures.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I wondered where they played on the ice last year... Jeanne may have said, but I forgot. How fun for Kopper. Love you all. Mom

Anonymous said...

I wondered where they played on the ice last year... Jeanne may have said, but I forgot. How fun for Kopper. Love you all. Mom