Why Do You Stay? Why Don't You Move? After The Flood Of 2005, We hear This All The Time From Friends and Family. You May Find The Answer Here.
I hope you enjoy this Blog and all of the post below. Please disregard any errors in grammer, and give thanks to the greatest creation ever, Spell Check.

Friday, January 1, 2010

2010 The Year Of Change


Many changes will take place this year on the Homestead. Perhaps the most significant will be elevating the house up above he 500 year flood zone, and never having to worry when the river turns our home into a island. We are looking at early spring to launch this project. My plan is to document every step of this project here on our blog and I feel this will be a very exciting project. My only fear is my survival! So far, during construction projects here on the homestead I have managed to run my thumb thru the table saw, hit myself in the head with a crow bar,( i saw those stars they talk about) fell off the roof, stepped on a nail that I needed my electrician to pull out, and I hit my thumb 273 times with my hammer. I think the local Bookie is taking bets on my survival.
I will hire a electrician, a plumber, a mason, and a firm that specializes in jacking up houses. I plan on doing most of the carpentry myself, so the likelihood of my survival is very low.
The big test will come when the 4 of us move into a trailer during construction.

Another big change will be my new job...I do not know what it will be, but I do hope it will be my last job and most important, at the end of the day it was all about making a difference and not just about the paycheck.

This also will be the year, We grow that prize winning Pumpkin. We will plant more trees. Increase our herd of Guinea Fowl. Order more chickens. Finish the 63 projects that are almost done. Kids will listen. Create my dream workshop when the house is done.Install our wood stove. Remove that darn stump. Plant some vegetables. Build Jeanne a pantry. Create the perfect pickle.

And the most important thing we will do this year.
Watch The Children Grow.

Please note: The glasses are filled with Ginger Ale

May You All Find Strength And Peace In The New Year!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happy New Year to my little family on the river. The list is a bit mind boggling!! But Steve I have full faith and confidence in yours and Jeanne's ability to make it all happen and you will survive!!
I for one will watch the blog update with "great expectations". We love you lots! Mom and Fred