Why Do You Stay? Why Don't You Move? After The Flood Of 2005, We hear This All The Time From Friends and Family. You May Find The Answer Here.
I hope you enjoy this Blog and all of the post below. Please disregard any errors in grammer, and give thanks to the greatest creation ever, Spell Check.

Saturday, January 2, 2010

Flowers Are The Best Medicine


OK,
Its 87 below zero, everyday the wind is blowing, you are on a tight budget, the ground outside is frozen solid, you are not allowed to go to Costa Rica,and outside are shades of grey and white with very little color.
What can you do to avoid contracting the dreaded winter disease known as Winter Blues?
Breakout the seed catalogs and the Garden Magazines and dream of that garden you need.
Seed catalogs are filled with vibrant colors and perfect examples of all those flowers you wish you could grow. The how to magazines are filled with inspirational projects.
Picture in your mind, an arbor filled with Heavenly Blue Morning Glories, or how about a Creamy Yellow Rose. Seed catalogs are filled with colorful Zinneas, Asters, Poppies, Petunia, Salvia, Lupine, Dianthus and so many more. How about planning gardens of certain colors? A garden of pinks, or a garden of yellow, and the illusive garden of blue. Planning a garden of blue could keep you busy the rest of the winter, Spend a day tracking down True Blue flowers for your garden and before you know it the day has passed and you spent your day treating your eyes to some really awesome sights.
We have not accomplished very much at all with flowers here, but we will. This summer I hope to start adding some color to the landscape.And then, when the house is finished, let it bloom, let it bloom, let it bloom.

I love planting trees and will continue to do so as long as I can break the ground. But at this point in my life, planting a tree will be enjoyed by the youth. If I plant flowers, My senses will enjoy them.

When I take refuge in my garden, and stare at even the simplest of flowers. I find it very difficult to remember what was troubling me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

YOU ARE SO TOTALLY AWESOME. I agree with you. We have trouble here because the deer love flowers too (for Lunch, dinner, etc) I don't have any seed catalogs, but I have garden books. There is something about watching the blooms grow and seeing butterflies on them and oh, Steve... you have me yearning for Spring... Have a great day. Love to all, Mom