Why Do You Stay? Why Don't You Move? After The Flood Of 2005, We hear This All The Time From Friends and Family. You May Find The Answer Here.
I hope you enjoy this Blog and all of the post below. Please disregard any errors in grammer, and give thanks to the greatest creation ever, Spell Check.

Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Red Squirrels



It was sometime last year when I realized we had some tiny Red Squirrels living here on the homestead. My neighbor Neil, who happens to be a walking encyclopedia on Birds, told me he had seen them in the Fir trees in the front yard.
The red squirrel eat a variety of foods including insects, seeds, nuts, fruits, and pine seeds or cones. We try to help them thru the winter and put out plenty of Black Oil Sunflower Seeds and Whole Kernel Corn that they seem to devour. They are much smaller then the Grey and a whole lot faster. So fast that I wondered how I would get a picture of them. The answer... Open the bedroom widow, sit in the warmth and wait.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the red ones, they are so cute and much more polite than their gray cousins. We had lots of them in NH and have a few here too in the Poconos. You had the right idea about sitting in the warmth.. Love you, Mom

Tamij said...

I'm convinced that reading this will help me to 'find the peace within' that I need... Look forward to sharing in your little piece of heaven this year.

Steve said...

Thank You Tami,
Those are some very kind words.