Why Do You Stay? Why Don't You Move? After The Flood Of 2005, We hear This All The Time From Friends and Family. You May Find The Answer Here.
I hope you enjoy this Blog and all of the post below. Please disregard any errors in grammer, and give thanks to the greatest creation ever, Spell Check.

Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Crazy Nights


Why is it, when at 2 am, and the house is rocked by a loud crashing sound of broken glass, I am the only one to hear it?
Why is it, when the boy comes into our room at all hours of the night, and whispers,"Moma", Jeanne wakes instantly? But when I try to wake her, nothing works until I whisper, "Moma" ? She said something about being zoned in on the kids. I guess it is what they call a mother thing.
Once I foolishly colored her nose with a green magic marker while she slept. She never woke, and I NEVER did that again.

Up until a couple hours ago, we had been keeping 2 little mice that we caught in the house. We had what I thought to be a secure and safe environment for them. A 10 gallon aquarium with a fitted wire screen top.

Yes we had it on the floor, but I never in my wildest imagination thought that Callie, our cat with a case of night crazies would go crashing through the glass to get at the mice.

We have had this setup for a number of weeks, and to be honest, it was somewhat cute watching Callie stare down the mice as they went about their business in what appeared to be a relatively safe haven.

So now Callie has a nice cut on her nose, and she looks like Rudolph. She appears unfazed and is eating drinking and chasing Zoe around.
We will keep a eye on the nose, but the last thing we want is another $1000 vet bill.

I cut my finger cleaning up the glass. I only found 1 mouse, and I am willing to bet, as soon as I fall back to sleep the kids will be waking me for breakfast.


Life is an adventure.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Poor Steve! You are the hero at all times!! Maybe she ate the other mouse??! To bad for the glass case too..Poor Callie, she seems to have some major problems, do you think she did this kind of thing at her other home? Try bag balm on the nose. Heals lots of things!! Love Mom