Why Do You Stay? Why Don't You Move? After The Flood Of 2005, We hear This All The Time From Friends and Family. You May Find The Answer Here.
I hope you enjoy this Blog and all of the post below. Please disregard any errors in grammer, and give thanks to the greatest creation ever, Spell Check.

Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Thanks Neil


First let me say this, " Our Chickens are pets and will never meet the chopping block"

After a couple years of laying eggs, a chicken's production drops off, and many folks will introduce the flock to the fry pan. Not here, our chickens will live out their lives naturally.

We have spotted a very large, beautiful fox in the area, and I want a photo of it. I have set out the Plantcam with very high hopes of capturing a picture. The problem is the bait. The chicken legs I swiped from our freezer do not appear to be appealing enough. Same thing with the pork chops.

I was lucky to run into my neighbor from down the road. I explained to Neil, what I was doing, and how I needed a deceased whole chicken, feathers and all.
Well after a couple of hours, I had a knock on the door and to my surprise, there on my door step were a couple of dead chickens. Neil was thinning out his flock and decided what I was doing was very cool, and it would save him the time of plucking and cleaning the birds.
The only thing he wants in return, are some prints of the Hawks and of whatever I shoot.

Its great to be back in business!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Can't wait to see the picutre of the plump fox. What a nice neighbor!! Your camera is amazing!!..... Keep up the good work. It is something that the fox does not like the meat from the freezer. It must not have the right smell?! Love, Mom & Fred

Anonymous said...

I appreciate hearing about your unwillingness to sacrifice your chickens, it helps a little bit.....but, tell your neighbor that keeping the elderly chickens is great for keeping the bugs down in the area----that would be a good retirement job for them