Why Do You Stay? Why Don't You Move? After The Flood Of 2005, We hear This All The Time From Friends and Family. You May Find The Answer Here.
I hope you enjoy this Blog and all of the post below. Please disregard any errors in grammer, and give thanks to the greatest creation ever, Spell Check.

Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Return Visit


With the upcoming snow storm expected to drop a foot or more of snow, school was canceled today. Jordan and the Boy do not want to hear about all the times I walked 2 miles to school in deep snow, sometimes with a broken leg.

What started this morning as a quick trip to feed the ducks, turned into a 2 hour trail blazing hike around the property. Jordan and Tommy led the way as we followed the frozen stream bed that runs through the homestead. At times the path was entangled with prickers and thick vines, but they insisted on being the trail blazers.

When we approached the river, Jordan was first to spot the large adult Bald Eagle. What a beautiful sight first thing in the morning.
Unfortunately I had forgotten that I had a camera in my pocket, but it was great to see the Eagle has returned. I hope to get a picture of this splendid visitor soon.

Jordan thinks she should get $1.00 because she spotted him first. I told her I want $10.00 because I took them for the hike.

We are still in negotiations....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Spotting the eagle must have been very rewarding for the long walk. You sure are teaching the children what is important!! Did you really walk 2 miles with a broken leg?? Poor Steve.:) Can't wait to see the update on the eagle.
How are the crickets doing???

Anonymous said...

I'm the sort of hombre who loves to try revolutionary things. Presently I'm making my hold photovoltaic panels. I'm managing it all by myself without the help of my men. I am utilizing the internet as the only way to acheive this. I ran across a truly amazing site which explains how to make solar panels and wind generators. The website explains all the steps involved in photovoltaic panel building.

I am not sure about how correct the information given there iz. If some experts over here who have experience with these works can have a see and give your feedback in the page it would be great and I'd really appreciate it, cauze I really lav solar panel construction.

Thanks for reading this. U guys are great.