Why Do You Stay? Why Don't You Move? After The Flood Of 2005, We hear This All The Time From Friends and Family. You May Find The Answer Here.
I hope you enjoy this Blog and all of the post below. Please disregard any errors in grammer, and give thanks to the greatest creation ever, Spell Check.

Sunday, February 28, 2010

Welcome Back Thomas


A happy reunion took place here when Thomas was reunited with Ralph. If you do not know who they are, Ralph and Thomas are mice we captured here in the house, and decided to keep until the Spring before we release them outside. Thomas returned after their encounter with Callie. "Yes, The boy named a mouse after himself." We also added one more mouse, and his name is Mushu.
I moved Ralph, Thomas, and Mushu down to the cellar, and into a new cage. They really are entertaining to watch, with those big black eyes, and all 3 immediately took to the wheel in their cage. Ralph cranks out so many RPMs, I think he could produce electricity.

In the past year we have come a long way dealing with mice. In the past if a mouse was spotted in the house, the room involved would quickly be vacated, accompanied by a sound best described, as a air raid siren, in 3 part harmony.

This past week while cleaning out Bluebird houses, I disturbed a nest of mice. Jordan insisted we bring them in the house. Out of fear for my well being, I stood firm with her and explained, If I bring mice into the house from outside, I would be sleeping in he cellar until spring.

I have fond memories of keeping pet mice as a kid. I remember saving up the 40 cents to buy a mouse and then talking my friends older sister to drive us to the pet store.
I remember the scream, when my mother was taking a bath and one of my escapes peeked out from under the radiator.
I remember my buddies father venting about the chewed wires in his car. His mechanic blamed mice and we never told him we had one escape in his car.
And recently, my older brother Ken, who never had, or wanted a pet, was caught leaving pieces of cheese in his car for a mouse that took up residence there.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think mice are very cute, but I'm with Jeanne on not bringing in more than what you have. You may end up with lots of them anyway.
Love the blog. May is on it's way.
Love to all, Mom

Anonymous said...

I remember very well taking a bath and watching a mouse peek out from the radiator......we used to put flour down to watch for footprints to make sure they (or it) was really there. I too shreak if I see a mouse now, funny how things change as we age.