Why Do You Stay? Why Don't You Move? After The Flood Of 2005, We hear This All The Time From Friends and Family. You May Find The Answer Here.
I hope you enjoy this Blog and all of the post below. Please disregard any errors in grammer, and give thanks to the greatest creation ever, Spell Check.

Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Little Red School Bus

The only way in or out is by canoe. I wonder, when the kids are old like me will they recall going to school by canoe?

After very little sleep last night, I paddled out early in the am and waited for the Home Depot to open at 6am. I was not the only one waiting for a sump pump. As I walked in the phone was ringing off the hook, people looking for sump pumps. I was very lucky because they ran out of them, but thanks to the management they traveled to other stores to re supply and I am sure they ran out by 8am.

The water has stopped rising, but is receding much slower then anytime before. We are far from out of the woods.
The danger now is sump pump failure. If the pumps fail, the basement will fill so fast, it will be a total loss. I spoke with some folks this morning at the Depot, they worried about getting 4-5 inches of water in their basements. If my pumps fail, we will have 5-6 feet of water, and that is no exaggeration.
Jeanne and I take shifts monitoring the pumps.
I really need some sleep.

This is not just a home...It is an ADVENTURE!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Steve & Jeanne we are praying for you. I'm sure that the children will remember all the adventures, trials and happy times they have had on the homestead. Jordan may even write a book. YOU should write a book!! God bless you and yours. Love, Mom