Why Do You Stay? Why Don't You Move? After The Flood Of 2005, We hear This All The Time From Friends and Family. You May Find The Answer Here.
I hope you enjoy this Blog and all of the post below. Please disregard any errors in grammer, and give thanks to the greatest creation ever, Spell Check.

Sunday, March 28, 2010

Please Not Again...

Our endurance will be tested this week.
With the very good possibility of more then 7 inches of rain coming this way, we will be severely flooded. We have started to evacuate the basement,and I feel the chances are extremely high that we will lose the basement and the playroom during this event. We are moving items through out the house to higher shelves and the attic.
Tomorrow night Jeanne and the kids will stay in a Hotel until this one is over. I will stay as long as possible to keep the pumps running and the generator in the event we lose power.
I have received email alerts from John Jackman, Mansfield's Director of Emergency Management, warning of devastating potential of what may come.

I hope for some sleep tonight, because I doubt I will see much sleep for the next couple of days. We try to play it down for the kids, staying in a hotel is an adventure.

Myself... I am already feeling the stress of the next couple of days, The thought of losing the cellar, "furnace, water pump, water heater, Oil tank" and what ever I cannot find room for, is very discouraging.

But we love this land, and the bright side,( although I am having trouble seeing any bright side), is knowing that we will be up above the water in the near future, and will not be forced to endure this again.

If we lose the cellar and everything in it, this will be devastating, if the cellar survives, then this is a little bit of a inconvenience.

Lets Hope!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We will be praying for you. Wish we could be there to help you.
Sorry to hear that the flood is coming..... May through the grace of God your property could be spared. Love, Mom