Why Do You Stay? Why Don't You Move? After The Flood Of 2005, We hear This All The Time From Friends and Family. You May Find The Answer Here.
I hope you enjoy this Blog and all of the post below. Please disregard any errors in grammer, and give thanks to the greatest creation ever, Spell Check.

Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Photo Stuff


Imagine; traveling thousands of miles by air, SUV, and on foot. hiking a jungle trail into a mountain cloud forest, guided by a local named Alex. Swearing a oath," that under the threat of a lifetime of giant spiders invading your dreams, and sleeping bag, you will never reveal this location that he has lead you to." You break out your 35mm Cannon AE-1 Program camera and start clicking away at a pair of the spectacular and elusive 'Resplendent Quetzal', nesting in a hollow tree high in this tropical mountain forest.
You pack up the 24 rolls of film you smuggled into the country and fly home. When the film returns from the processing lab, you get a sick feeling when you discover "you did not get the Quetzal shot."

I did not believe in, or support digital photography at first. I was in love with my 35mm camera and refused to think, 'like me, it was becoming obsolete.

Today, I'm passionately in love with the Digital Camera. You know instantly if you got the shot, and you can take hundreds and thousands of pictures with out the worry of the expense of processing the film.

One of the most valuable tools I use on the blog, is a photo editing program. Most, if not all the photos I post have been edited in someway. I use my photo editor to crop pictures, reduce resolution, and add text. The program has many options and is very easy to use. The best part of this program? it is free.

I included the link I used to download a "FREE" version of Photoscape. The link is located under Photo Stuff, on the left side of this blog.

And when my office is finally built, my Cannon AE-1 will have a place on the wall, right next to my swordfish bill, and 50,000 year buffalo jaw.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The pictures ARE amazing!! I just
wish I could take pictures as well as you do. Keep up the great work.
Love, Mom