Why Do You Stay? Why Don't You Move? After The Flood Of 2005, We hear This All The Time From Friends and Family. You May Find The Answer Here.
I hope you enjoy this Blog and all of the post below. Please disregard any errors in grammer, and give thanks to the greatest creation ever, Spell Check.

Monday, April 12, 2010

Unknown Gem

In my quest to know our land, I try to identify the native wildflowers.
I can not identify this flowering little gem. Someone might tell me, it is the family "Sisyrinchium," but that is like saying "Malus domestica", instead of "apple," and not telling me it is a Macintosh or Granny Smith. I need a common name. It is growing at the edge of the field near the stream.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I tried looking up this beautiful blue one. You may have an endangered specie (sp?). The closest ones I thought were marsh bellflower or long spurred violet.
I would be interested to know this one. Doesn't CT have a Botanical near you?? Love, Mom