Why Do You Stay? Why Don't You Move? After The Flood Of 2005, We hear This All The Time From Friends and Family. You May Find The Answer Here.
I hope you enjoy this Blog and all of the post below. Please disregard any errors in grammer, and give thanks to the greatest creation ever, Spell Check.

Wednesday, April 14, 2010

NO TV WEEK


I will admit it.
I am a TV junkie!
If I had my way, we would have a TV in every room, including the bathroom. I would even mount a TV on my lawn tractor, and put one in the chicken house.
Some might think that man walking on the moon was a memorable experience for my generation. But to me, it is the advent of Cable TV. This rates up there with the invention of electricity. I remember the days of black and white TV, 3 stations, and no remote control.

The school sent home a flier, This is "NO TV WEEK," Or you could say, it is torture the TV junkie in your house week.

The kids do not have a problem with it. I think they would be ashamed to go to school and admit they watched TV, so they don't even ask for it, and now I live with the TV police. I must sneak around to get my quick fix of TV time. I get up early in the morning and secretly watch the morning news. The first sign that the kids are waking up I immediately switch it off and pretend I was busy with something important. The second I drop them at school, I rush home and turn on all the TVs in the house, so that my TV starved brain will get some relief. I tried to sneak in some late night TV when I thought they might be sleeping, but when I heard the boy say, "do I hear a TV on?" for a moment I thought it was my fathers voice from the great beyond.

During No TV Week, the school offers evening events up at the school. The first night was bingo night. One of the prizes, was a coupon to have lunch with the Principle at Vinton School, Dr Palmer.
Unlike when I was in school, and you did everything you could to avoid being anywhere near the Principle, Tommy wanted to win that coupon. He came home from bingo so excited because he was going to have lunch with Dr Palmer. I asked him what do you think you will talk about? He thought for a moment, and replied, " my behavior?"

My understanding is, the lunch went very well, they did not talk about behavior, Dr Palmer spilled yogurt on his shirt, and the boy has a new best friend that he plans to eat lunch with more often.

And Jordan? She loves to read. She always has a book in hand, and she knows I am taping Full House reruns for her.

For Me.... Jeanne is at work, the kids are at school and I have the remote control in my hand.

Life is good.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So glad things are going well right now. Life is meant to be good. TV is not all bad... you can learn lots of good things. Love to all, Mom