Why Do You Stay? Why Don't You Move? After The Flood Of 2005, We hear This All The Time From Friends and Family. You May Find The Answer Here.
I hope you enjoy this Blog and all of the post below. Please disregard any errors in grammer, and give thanks to the greatest creation ever, Spell Check.

Thursday, April 15, 2010

Running A Trapline

We decided to set out some Havahart traps,("live box traps") so that we can see some of the creatures of the night. We set out a small trap with the hope of a Weasel or Mink, and a large trap with the hope of anything but a SKUNK. We baited both with a chunk of bluefish.
Now before school, early in the morning, we bundle up and venture out to check our traps, and we will check them once in the evening.
The kids appear to enjoy our latest endeavor.

When I was a youngster, there was the one time, while staying with my buddy at the Cape, we caught a skunk before church. His dad was not amused sitting next to us during the service.

I promise, I will not send them to school smelling like a skunk.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

steve great job on making the
blog

from ????????

Anonymous said...

hope we catch something

tommy

Anonymous said...

I love the blog.... it is the highlight of any day I am lucky enough to find a posting. I wish I was in on the early morning
treks. I pray the children realize how very blessed they are... not every child has the great chances they do. Love to all, Mom