Why Do You Stay? Why Don't You Move? After The Flood Of 2005, We hear This All The Time From Friends and Family. You May Find The Answer Here.
I hope you enjoy this Blog and all of the post below. Please disregard any errors in grammer, and give thanks to the greatest creation ever, Spell Check.

Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Custard Meets Terry's Turtles

Custard the Tortoise was invited to be “Mystery Guest” in Mrs. Terry’s kindergarten class, and I thought I would tag along.

The mystery quest is exactly that, the kids do not know who is coming in, and we kept it a secret from Tommy. When I showed up 5 minutes early I was sent to the Office so the kids would not see me. (That brought back memories from 45 years ago)

When I entered the room filled with Tommy’s classmates, I immediately made eye contact with Tommy, and for a brief moment it was just he and I. And in that brief moment I saw so much. The way the smile lit up his face, and I could clearly see in his eyes how happy he was to see me, and how much he loved me. I am not sure what happened, but for a half a second I felt a little blurry eyed. I cannot think of anything in this world that compares to the unconditional love from a child. Without anyone noticing I quickly regained my composer.

This was the second time Custard was a mystery quest in Mrs. Terry’s class. We were invited a couple years ago when Jordan was in Mrs. Terry’s class. I really enjoyed talking with the kids and answering all the questions about Custard. Having a large tortoise around is old news for Jordan and Tommy, but to many kids it is a first time experience. They were so cute raising their hands, and asking some great questions. I really enjoyed it.

During our visit, word spread around the school and soon Jordan appeared in Mrs. Terry’s class inviting Custard down to Mrs. Csere's 3rd grade class.

I know Tommy really enjoys seeing the different mystery quests that visit Mrs. Terry’s classroom. We hear about everything from drums to dogs, and Tommy came home and taught us how to behave around stray dogs.

Mrs. Terry’s kids are known as, “Terry’s Turtles" and I had a blast visiting with them, and how can you beat a thank you card like this.



PS
Jeanne insisted I post a picture of the wagon I built to haul Custard into school. I built it from scrap wood I had laying around, it cost me $0

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I want a wagon like that!! It is wonderful!! What did you use for wheels?? You are so talented! You are 100 % right Steve, there is no other love as strong as that of a child... They are soooo lucky to have you. We are too! Love, Mom

Steve said...

For the wheels, I used some extra caster wheels.