Why Do You Stay? Why Don't You Move? After The Flood Of 2005, We hear This All The Time From Friends and Family. You May Find The Answer Here.
I hope you enjoy this Blog and all of the post below. Please disregard any errors in grammer, and give thanks to the greatest creation ever, Spell Check.

Thursday, June 24, 2010

Proud Day-Sad Day

I know it happens and there is nothing I can do about it. Children grow up. But do they have to do it so fast?

I have researched all possible remedies for this problem, and unfortunately none appear to be feasible. I thought about feeding less food to stop the growth spurts. I thought that lowering the ceiling in their rooms might trick their bodies into thinking they are tall enough. I have ordered them to stop growing up, but kids don't listen anymore.

A very rewarding time for me has been the countless hours the boy and I have spent together,in the field on the tractor . I would often let him take control of the wheel, the jubilation on his face, would many times result in a triumphant smile, and he would turn and plant a kiss on my check.

As he grows, I know those days on the tractor are numbered. I believe I now have a permanent bend in the leg he sits on.
So I set the tractor in he lowest gear and let him drive it without me. He took this lesson very serious and totally concentrated on the task ahead. ( No!! he does not engage the blades and I am 2' away ) When he finished and climbed off the tractor he walked taller with a certain swagger, he was so proud of what he just accomplished. and I realized my days are numbered. I was proud and Sad.

Sometimes I find myself walking the house singing "Where have all the children gone" sort of my version of Pete Seeger's, "Where Have All The Flowers Gone."

And just when I am on the verge of serious depression over the thought of the kids growing up to fast, The boy walks over to Jordan's room, points his butt into the room, lets go with a loud toot and says; "Take That" Then I hear Jordan yelling at him, and I think to myself.
"We still have time."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You have a lot of time! Even when
they are grown there are those special moments. Love, Mom