Why Do You Stay? Why Don't You Move? After The Flood Of 2005, We hear This All The Time From Friends and Family. You May Find The Answer Here.
I hope you enjoy this Blog and all of the post below. Please disregard any errors in grammer, and give thanks to the greatest creation ever, Spell Check.

Thursday, June 10, 2010

Zoning Board Of Appeals

Last night I brought my project before the Zoning Board Of Appeals,and it was not the experience I predicted it would be.

Maybe I pictured a chair in the middle of the room, with hot bright lights shinning down on me while a character like, Sgt Joe Friday interrogates me.

In reality this was a very comfortable setting with a group of local folks who made me feel comfortable and at ease. I felt so comfortable talking with the board members, I was a little disappointed when the meeting was over.

If someone came to me because they had a project that needed zoning approval, my advice would be the following.

First meet with the Zoning Agent. In Mansfield we have Curt Hirsch, who kindly offered his input and advice.

Next show up to the meeting prepared. Have the information they requested and be prepared to answer their questions. They need to understand your project, and the town depends on them to do the right thing, for the town and the homeowner.
And most important, be polite! They are not the enemy..

And if you don't live in Mansfield, bring your dark glasses, maybe your town uses the bright lights.

We received unanimous approval. Thank You...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great job Jordan!!! Just promise me that you'll remember your favorite Auntie when you become famous!!! I would love to be your manager!!
Love,
Auntie Kathy