Why Do You Stay? Why Don't You Move? After The Flood Of 2005, We hear This All The Time From Friends and Family. You May Find The Answer Here.
I hope you enjoy this Blog and all of the post below. Please disregard any errors in grammer, and give thanks to the greatest creation ever, Spell Check.

Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Our First Squabble

In the 15 years Jeanne and I lived together, we have never had a fight or argument. We tend to agree on everything, except about keeping snakes in the house.

We may be approaching our first battle!

During the project to elevate our home above flood waters, we will need to live elsewhere during the construction. We both agree we would like to stay on the property and we would rent a trailer or motorhome for that purpose.

I must say, I was a bit taken aback when she dismissed my ideas of motorhome living. I think she might have a attitude problem.


Why not get an old truck chassis and build our own. We can then travel like gypsies during school vacations. Maybe we could buy a old school bus and paint it like the Partridge family bus
I was expecting a warm show of support and a little bit of enthusiasm, maybe something like, "what a wonderful idea, you are so smart and resourceful, I am so lucky to have you", What did I get? NOTHING!!!! the only thing I heard was something about making a doctors appointment for me.

Jeanne said, having a bathroom was very important, so I honestly thought she would be thrilled with the classic moterhome with matching outhouse.
And furthermore, "I don't want you to put a pillow over my face while I sleep." It must have been a typo when I said 15 years, I think I knew it was more like 5, or was it 6? I will never understand women!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gee, I think that is pretty classy. You could put an awning out front and have an outdoor kitchen! Fred and I lived in a 10x13 tent in NH the first year we were there. Roughing it can be lots of fun! Love, Mom

Anonymous said...

how are you?

Awesome blog, great write up, thank you!