Why Do You Stay? Why Don't You Move? After The Flood Of 2005, We hear This All The Time From Friends and Family. You May Find The Answer Here.
I hope you enjoy this Blog and all of the post below. Please disregard any errors in grammer, and give thanks to the greatest creation ever, Spell Check.

Thursday, July 15, 2010

What Have I Done

We have a beautiful old Crabapple tree in the front yard. Early this past Spring I would climb the tree and reach down and hoist the boy up with me. We would sit and watch the Chickadees come in for a snack of black oil sunflower seeds and I would let go with the only bird call I know. "Chicka Dee Dee Dee Dee Dee, Chicka Dee Dee Dee Dee Dee. Well actually, I also do a decent Duck and Rooster.

Yesterday the boy was attempting to climb the Crabapple with out my help. He was having a bit of trouble getting started and called out, "Can I get a little help here". Being to lazy to get up out of my chair I hollered back, "Pretend a pack of hungry coyotes are after you", This worked and he climbed that Crabapple for the first time. I think he realized that he had crossed a milestone in a boys life by climbing a tree unassisted, and he raised his fist in the air and yelled, "I AM THE KING OF THE WORLD", My abundant pride was soon squashed when he then started imitating a Chickadee. Chicka Dee Dee Dee Dee.

I thought, what have I done to this boy. What if he does this in the presence of others. I think it is acceptable for a 51 year old man to sit in a tree and imitate a Chickadee. But if the boy ever does that around his buddies at school, he might get picked on, or a reputation of being a bit odd like his uncle.

As I type out this post, I can hear him at his computer imitating a Crow.

I am so sorry!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Don't be sorry for giving him the joy of birding!! Teach him the Phoebe call. Actually the blue jay has a lot of different ones. Love, Mom

Anonymous said...

I would like to exchange links with your site www.blogger.com
Is this possible?