Why Do You Stay? Why Don't You Move? After The Flood Of 2005, We hear This All The Time From Friends and Family. You May Find The Answer Here.
I hope you enjoy this Blog and all of the post below. Please disregard any errors in grammer, and give thanks to the greatest creation ever, Spell Check.

Saturday, July 3, 2010

Tick Bite Remedy

Does anyone not remember their Mom rubbing Vicks Vapo Rub on them when they had a cold? It is with great soothing pleasure, that I remember those days.

Vicks is a staple in our house, and although I don't rub it on myself for a cold anymore, I use it often for many other ailments.

I must say, I do not, and never would endorse any type of animal torture, but,I get a certain amount of satisfaction when I smother a embedded tick with Vicks. when it comes to ticks, anything I can do to irritate them gives me pleasure.

Whenever we find a tick has drilled its disgusting little head into our skin, the first thing we reach for is the Vicks. Not only does it force the tick to pull its
head out of your skin, the soothing Vicks formula attacks the annoying itch left by the tick. We also use it on other bug bites and get really fast relief. It also is great for athletes foot.

It wasn't long ago that Vicks came in a beautiful cobalt blue glass jar. Now like many other products the blue glass has been replaced with plastic. I remember the hours spent combing the beaches for beach glass and finding a piece of blue beach glass was like finding treasure.

Because of recycling and the use of plastic replacing glass containers, beach glass has been on the decline and becoming harder to find. It has led to counterfeit beach glass, and possibly an end to a treasured past time.

Not sure way I felt the need to ramble on about beach glass. Just remember if you want to make a tick miserable, rub a little Vicks Vapo Rub on him.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the hint on tick removal with the Vicks. I will be sure to pass this on to my friends.
I'm glad you went on about the beach glass, i loved finding pieces on the beach, made me think about the ocean and how soothing it is. Love you all, Mom