Why Do You Stay? Why Don't You Move? After The Flood Of 2005, We hear This All The Time From Friends and Family. You May Find The Answer Here.
I hope you enjoy this Blog and all of the post below. Please disregard any errors in grammer, and give thanks to the greatest creation ever, Spell Check.

Friday, August 20, 2010

Future Momma Ducks

We have 2 expecting Mothers on the homestead. One we knew about, the other was a complete surprise.

Momma Duck-1 was leaving eggs around the yard so I put out a large, old dog crate, and she immediately took to it. We can lock this up at night to protect her and her eggs.
A couple of other ducks donated eggs to the nest, so I believe she might be siting at least 15 or so.

I discovered Momma Duck-2 today under the Goat House. I do no know how long she has been siting, but I believe it has been awhile. I am very surprised nothing has disturbed her, or her eggs.

I did take the necessary precautions to protect her and the nest and now we will sit back and wait for the youngsters to appear. No matter how many times I witness new life, it is always magical.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations "Grandpa"!! You are so lucky to have the nature in your life and the lives of the children. They have learned so very much from you! Love to all, Mom