Why Do You Stay? Why Don't You Move? After The Flood Of 2005, We hear This All The Time From Friends and Family. You May Find The Answer Here.
I hope you enjoy this Blog and all of the post below. Please disregard any errors in grammer, and give thanks to the greatest creation ever, Spell Check.

Saturday, August 21, 2010

Wood Frog

I suppose I should start this post by saying, "Sorry Peg"

It appears my photos of Frogs are not appreciated by my sister Peg. She has informed me that I must cease posting pictures of Frogs.

So I will apologise to Peggy, and because I have a 20 year plan to photograph every living creature that inhabit our little piece of paradise, I will from time to time, have a need to post a Frog picture.

The Wood Frog is a interesting species of frog. They hibernate in shallow burrows, well within the frost range and 70% of their bodies freeze for extended periods of time. The Laboratory for Ecophysiological Cryobiology,(Thats a bigger word than I should be allowed to use) are conducting research into the Wood Frogs ability to survive these periods of freezing episodes.

Sorry Peg!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I for one love to look at your frogs!! Each is unique in it's own way. Keep up the blogging....
Love, Mom

Anonymous said...

somehow I missed this particular frog....I must have taken a day off from the blog and for some reason decided to scroll this morning (waiting for the dogs to come in)----I think you need to invent "private blog pictures" for those that like these particular pictures....what do you think?