Why Do You Stay? Why Don't You Move? After The Flood Of 2005, We hear This All The Time From Friends and Family. You May Find The Answer Here.
I hope you enjoy this Blog and all of the post below. Please disregard any errors in grammer, and give thanks to the greatest creation ever, Spell Check.

Monday, August 23, 2010

Goodbyes Are Hard

There is a little door, under the window, in the corner of our bedroom. This was Keek's door.

With tears I buried my little friend today, and as I dug into the earth, I thought about how, before Jeanne and the kids came into my life, a little black cat filled an empty heart. I thought about how she never failed to brighten my day. I thought about how she showed up here the day I moved in, and how much I will miss her. I thought about how a little creature can break your heart. I thought about how grateful I am she was curled up on our bed when she unexpectily died.

Keek single handily changed the way I felt about cats, and I believe when she came here, I needed her as much as she needed me.

Thank You Keek, you touched deep into my heart, and you did more for me then anyone could know.


A year ago I Posted Keek's Story.
Here it is again.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Steve, I am so sorry for the loss you are feeling right now. But take solice in the fact that she passed peacefully, in probably her favorite place.
Keek will always be in your heart.
Wendy

Anonymous said...

We were so sorry to hear about Keek, you had her a long time and animals as well as people have a way of touching our spirits and hearts. Heavenly Father knew that we can never live a solitary life, we need others!! We need to be loved and love and that is the whole of it. Take care dear one and know you did all you could for her. Love, Mom

Anonymous said...

sorry Steve----

babycakes ( Roberta) said...

I remember keek and your love for her.....soooooo sorry Steve.

Roberta

Anonymous said...

Sorry about Keek Steve. My daughter has 2 cats and I'm starting to warm up to them (after about 3 years). Gary

Anonymous said...

Thank You All

Steve

Anonymous said...

Dear Steve,
We are so sorry to hear of Keek's passing....I love my Oreo and know how I would feel (will feel) when that day comes.
You are in our thoughts!!
Love,
Kathy & Family