Why Do You Stay? Why Don't You Move? After The Flood Of 2005, We hear This All The Time From Friends and Family. You May Find The Answer Here.
I hope you enjoy this Blog and all of the post below. Please disregard any errors in grammer, and give thanks to the greatest creation ever, Spell Check.

Friday, August 13, 2010

Long Night

It is 10pm, and I have eight spotlights set on and around our Chestnut tree. The Turkeys and one small Guinea Hen decided to camp out tonight high up in the Chestnut tree. This is not a good thing, and it truly is not all that great for my sleep. There are far to many dangers that lurk in the night.

The good news is they are not alone up there. Eight of the adult Guinea Fowl sleep high in the tree and with the area lit up like Times Square, the seasoned Guineas will alert me to anything that moves. I Hope!

For now I will sleep with both ears tuned to the outside, and I know every little noise will cause me to jump out of bed tonight.

3:30am update, Kopper woke me around 3:30 and when I sat up in bed I could see Bob the larger or the 2 turkeys walking on the ground. Kopper and I went out opened up the hen house and Bob went in.
The Little Guinea and Hope, the smaller Turkey are still in the tree, and Kopper and I are maintaining a vigil, and are ready to rumble.

8:30am update, All present and accounted for. Today I will place a hammock up in the tree so that Jeanne can keep watch tonight while I sleep.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I missed the update?? Did she sleep in the hammock??? :) Love you, Mom