Why Do You Stay? Why Don't You Move? After The Flood Of 2005, We hear This All The Time From Friends and Family. You May Find The Answer Here.
I hope you enjoy this Blog and all of the post below. Please disregard any errors in grammer, and give thanks to the greatest creation ever, Spell Check.

Saturday, September 18, 2010

10 Day Report

We are looking forward to the upcoming week and predict we will continue to make large strides in the project.

In less then 10 working days,

We demolished the 17 X 22' section of the house that will be rebuilt. We loaded it in the dumpster. Emptied all personal effects from the basement including taking out the stairs. The above was done with the help of Ron, Peggy, and Willie.

Ackert Electric installed a temporary power pole and moved the power from the main house to the pole. They removed all electrical components from the basement and provided the proper 30amp power supply to the camper. I thought Jeanne was going to hug Tim Ackert when he hooked up the camper.

CW Knight Heating removed the heating and plumbing components from the basement. Moved the water supply outside to the camper, and lifted my wood stove out of the basement. "It took me 5 hrs and a whole lot of sweat to get it down into the basement"

CT Portables dropped of 2 Porta Potties. This is probably one item that gets overlooked at many job sites. The cost is small for the service and I have heard that the folks working on the site appreciate having access to them. I personally find the toilet seat a bit cold in the morning.

1-800-Dump-Runs delivered a dumpster when we needed it and removed it when we filled it. Getting a dumpster in and out is vital. I believe keeping the work site as clutter free as possible is extremely important. They dropped it when they said they would and picked it up the day I needed it removed. I can't believe how much I fit in that 30yard dumpster. I think I could be a professional dumpster packer.

Wolfe House and Building Movers were so fast and efficient lifting the house, no one had time to come watch. I know these guys do this everyday and it is old news for them, but for me it was exciting. The site of our house up on cribbing stops traffic and I have seen a least a few cameras clicking away. I thought this would be the most time consuming and complicated part of the project, but they made it look easy.

Made and Formed Foundations was able to start early and because of this, we are a week ahead of schedule. A lot of labor goes into setting up the forms and rebar before you can pour the concrete. Like with everything in life, it starts with a good foundation. We are thinking that we might be able to pour the foundation Tuesday.

Ben Souza from Souza Engineering stopped out a couple of times to check the progress. Ben did the outstanding design work and drawings needed for this project.
We also had a visit from Matt and Joe from Towne Engineering. They did all the elevation work, and will continue to monitor the project so that they can confirm we have the house at the required elevation.

We also have had a number of visits from John Jackman-Director of Emergency Management for the Town Of Mansfield, and Fran Raiola-Assistant Director of Emergency Management for the Town Of Mansfield. I look forward to our visits and working with them on this project and it has been a pleasure. I must say that Jennifer, Administrative Assistant for John and Fran, is so awesome and worth her weight in gold.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mr.T there really looks quite serious with his yellow hat and glasses. Do you think that maybe this could be part of the problem with him at school, he want's to be where the action is, just maybe.You are doing a great job with this project. Dad.

Anonymous said...

Wonderful progress!! We are praying for good weather for this week! It is so great. You might be able to get job doing dumpster-packing! Love to all, Mom

Anonymous said...

Steven Norman Baker
You wild and crazy man!
This project is amazing!
I am so glad you sent that e-mail--it reminded me of your project-I was surprised that it started in September! I am enjoying your commentary! How's the old bones today!? How are Jean and the kids holding up!?
It's all so exciting!
Would it be alright if I stop by some time to see in person? Love to all-Diane P.G.

Anonymous said...

DPG
The action is moving fast. Would love to have you visit.
SNB