Why Do You Stay? Why Don't You Move? After The Flood Of 2005, We hear This All The Time From Friends and Family. You May Find The Answer Here.
I hope you enjoy this Blog and all of the post below. Please disregard any errors in grammer, and give thanks to the greatest creation ever, Spell Check.

Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Home Sweet Home... Maybe

During our renovations to our home, we will need to live elsewhere. We had options like, renting a apartment or staying in a motel. We choose to live in a camper so that we do not need to leave the property. So now we have a camper that starting very soon, we will call it home for a couple of months. I am trying very hard to absorb the meaning of, "Home is where the heart is"
All I know is, Two adults, two kids, and a 100 lb dog will be living in a shoebox while our HOME is 20' away and up on jacks.

Actually this camper is really nice. It has been well kept and is in very nice shape. It is 25 feet, has a master bedroom in the front with a very comfortable bed. The kids each have their own bunk which we call their rooms. The kitchen is set up nice, with a double sink, , refrigerator with freezer, four burner cook top,oven,microwave, heat, air conditioning, and has a shower and Loo.

We did a test run and ordered up some fried chicken, had a nice supper then spent a night in our temporary home and I must admit, the bed was very comfortable.
The boy sleeps in the bottom bunk and discovered he can drive his sister crazy by rapping on the bottom of her bunk above him. He recently discovered he has the power to annoy his sister and he takes great pleasure pursuing this new hobby of his. I have been told this is normal. After he got that out of his system they slept all night. Kopper appeared to handle the confinement well and settled down, but I do think if he should get one of his gas attacks, we are doomed.

My sound sleep was interrupted when I woke up thinking we were under attack by a pack of hungry bears. I sat up and when my senses returned, I realized it was my snoring. Then I stared out the window at our house sitting only feet away and empty, and I thought about my cozy bed and remote control being so close, but so far away. I thought what would happen to me if I got caught sneaking out of the camper and back into the house to my bed and cable TV. Then I realized Jeanne had the power to cancel cable, so I stayed







3 comments:

Anonymous said...

that looks awesome--I think you will be fine and I wish the project much speed and good weather. You should keep that camper for some incredible travels.

Anonymous said...

that looks awesome--I think you will be fine and I wish the project much speed and good weather. You should keep that camper for some incredible travels.

Anonymous said...

It is beautiful!! Much nicer than one would think about roughing it..
Can't wait to see it in person and have your great adventure begin!! Love, Mom