Why Do You Stay? Why Don't You Move? After The Flood Of 2005, We hear This All The Time From Friends and Family. You May Find The Answer Here.
I hope you enjoy this Blog and all of the post below. Please disregard any errors in grammer, and give thanks to the greatest creation ever, Spell Check.

Tuesday, September 28, 2010

The Torch Will Be Passed

We Didn't grow many, and we would be laughed out of any county fair when it comes to size. But I believe we finally after years of losing to Wille and Peg, could be taking home the trophy for the largest pumpkin. Wille and Peg have already conceded the contest this year.
Ken and Dale have not even attempted to grow anything and I can understand how intimidated they must be.

We look forward to taking possession of the trophy and we will proudly hang it in our home when we get back in.

As a last ditch effort to retain the trophy, Peg and Willie tried to pass off a butter squash as a pumpkin. This is something I expected from Ken.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

They look good!! My one pumpkin that survived the ravages of the deer is quite large. I am proud of that! That squash looks like many good helpings.... Yum. The pictures for the house look wonderful. Love, Mom and Fred

Anonymous said...

Interesting.....Will now tells me that there is one pumpkin out in the garden and we shall see after the next day of rain....he has become quite attentive to this one pumpkin so don't be clearing a spot yet.

Anonymous said...

I'm rooting for you and Jeanne! The torch needs to go arond!! :)
Love, Mom
PS Keep dry.