Why Do You Stay? Why Don't You Move? After The Flood Of 2005, We hear This All The Time From Friends and Family. You May Find The Answer Here.
I hope you enjoy this Blog and all of the post below. Please disregard any errors in grammer, and give thanks to the greatest creation ever, Spell Check.

Saturday, September 25, 2010

The OL Willard Co

When it came time to start ordering building materials, I believe everyone of my contractors involved on this project recommended Willards. I was told you can't beat the service,the quality of products and pricing is very competitive.

I took a ride over and started to explain the project when Richard Swart Vice President walked in and told me he had heard about this project, and three minutes later I had an account set up.

The OL Willard Co has been around since the late 1920s and when you walk into the Willimantic location, you get a feeling of walking into a real hardware store/lumber yard. You don't feel like you are walking into one of those big box stores.

It was very important for me to do business with a local family owned business that has such a great reputation with all the pros.

And to prove my point... On Thursday, I called in a order of lumber, screws, nails, and 16" Sona tubes ( Sona Tube is a trade name for a round heavy duty cardboard like tube, that will be cut into 48" lengths and buried 4' into the ground then filled with concrete, this will be the support for the porch, and nobody carries 16" sona tubes), I called this in around 12 noon, and the truck was here around 4pm the same day. The lumber looks great, I did it all by phone, and I didn't need to personally pick through stacks of bent, twisted, bowed lumber like you would at a big box. and I think the boy will have fun with the Sona Tubes until I use them.


I am thankful so many recommended Willards to me. not only have I found a supplier of quality materials, but a great resource of information. Any company that has been around for seventy years must have, at least once or twice, answered all the rookie questions I will have.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

One more blessing comes your way!! It is so important to deal with honest, trustworthy people. There will be questions, but you will be able to handle the answers!! Love, Mom and Fred