Why Do You Stay? Why Don't You Move? After The Flood Of 2005, We hear This All The Time From Friends and Family. You May Find The Answer Here.
I hope you enjoy this Blog and all of the post below. Please disregard any errors in grammer, and give thanks to the greatest creation ever, Spell Check.

Monday, September 13, 2010

Wolfe House & Building Movers

At first I had no clue how to find someone to elevate my house. I talked to a Contractor who told me the money FEMA offered wasn't enough, and I should go back for more money.

While searching online I found a Connecticut company who came up and gave me a estimate. I wasn't real comfortable when he told me it was my responsibility to remove all the sill bolts. I know what a sill bolt is, and I know how to remove one. I just thought it odd that at almost $30,000, it would be up to me to remove them.

Next was a estimate for half of the first, but he wanted to park my house in the back yard while work on the basement took place. I didn't like The thought of my house sitting on my septic system and I would need to massacre my beautiful Chestnut tree.

I found Wolfe House Movers online, a Pennsylvania Company that has done house moves here in Connecticut. They had a great website, but would they come up and give me an estimate, sooner than later.

My first contact with Wolfe House Movers was with Mike, who took all my information and offered a rough estimate over the phone and set a date to come up to look at the project. Mike told me he would be at my house at 2:30 and I was extremely impressed when he pulled into my driveway at 2:30. I have a hard time being on time when I travel 5 miles, never mind all the way from Pennsylvania.

When Mike was here he took measurements, lots of notes, and explained how they would lift my house. I think I chose Wolfe House Movers 10 Minutes after meeting Mike and I was pleasantly surprised when I received the quote. With this being my first time as a acting general contractor, they have been very patient.

I received a call at 7am from Tim at Wolfe explaining his team was on the road and would be here in 4 or 5 hours. I was very excited when their tractor trailer came down the road and parked out front.

When they arrived their was not one second of waisted time. They all started moving equipment onto the site and Tim quickly sized up the project. I would have thought that maybe they would spend the rest of the day putting together a plan of action once they saw the house, but they walked onto the property with that plan in place and worked extremely fast and efficiently. I tried my best to stay out of their way, but this was so cool to watch.

Tim told me they would return in the morning and finish by 10am. I can hardly wait to see our house up on cribbing.



Tim Cutting Through The Base Of The Fireplace

The Heart



They Made Moving A 47 Foot Piece Of Solid Steel Through 2 Small Holes Look Easy.


Cribbing

More to come tomorrow.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so excited....I checked the site when I got home last night, which was rather late at around 7:30----and was disappointed when you hadn't posted. I almost checked when I woke briefly at 1:00 AM but chose to wait until this morning......can't wait to tonight. Have fun

Anonymous said...

I wish we could be there watching in person, but this is as good as a front row seat at any Patriots' game or for Fred the US Open!!! We are so excited, I mean EXCITED!!! You two have waited long hours for this to begin. The journey is on..
Love, Mom and Fred

Anonymous said...

This is a wonderful post about house moving. Would you be interested in posting a story on www.missmover.com?

Anonymous said...

How much does it cost to life your house?

Steve said...

I think it was around $16.000 Wolfe was worth every penny.

Robert Gilims said...

awesome,
thank you so much for sharing such an wesome

blog..
really i like your site.
i enjoyed...

Canterbury Relocations