Why Do You Stay? Why Don't You Move? After The Flood Of 2005, We hear This All The Time From Friends and Family. You May Find The Answer Here.
I hope you enjoy this Blog and all of the post below. Please disregard any errors in grammer, and give thanks to the greatest creation ever, Spell Check.

Sunday, October 17, 2010

Another Great Day


We have the most incredible view when standing on the top floor, and I find it very hard to concentrate on the task at hand while up there. It is very easy to get lost in the view, so we better get walls up soon before I walk off the edge.

I find it a Little unsettling working at high altitudes and I found myself ducking down when ever a plane would fly over. I think we will need one of those blinking lights on top of our roof so planes don't run into it.

Willie and Bill have no fear of heights and watching Willie move along the edge nearly sent me into cardiac arrest.

Many thanks to Willie, Ron, and Bill for a great second day. We finished installing all the floor joist on the second floor and installed most of the flooring on top. Tomorrow I should be able to start the walls on the second floor and I will be calling every strong body I know to lift them into place.


Below Willie and Bill adjust a engineered floor joist. We purposely left the sheathing off the front and left out a couple of wall studs so we could load in materials, and a little down the road, the furnace, water tank, and water heater can be loaded onto a bucket loader and slid into the new utility room.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW!! I can't believe how much is completed from Saturday to today...I wish I could say the same with weeding out 10 years worth of stuff before the condo goes on the market this week....I wish I had you in my corner right about now!! To bad you have so much to do or I would steal you away from Jeanne (haha)....
Good luck with the final phase..
Love,
Kathy

Anonymous said...

I second Kathy's message. It is wonderful to see the progress. I just wish we could have helped some. Good luck and may God bless you with safety and good weather. Love , Mom and Fred